Train young minds and equip them with the skills so that they can become responsible individuals and achieve their goals is really challenging. Not only challenging but also satisfying. Yes, we are talking about teaching, one of the most reputed professions out there. In fact, an educator is the base of the society who has the responsibility to educate the upcoming generation. If you are willing to share your knowledge with young children and adults to shape up their future then teaching job is the best to choose as a profession. Let’s go through the post and know what is teaching and how to become a teacher.
What is Teaching?
Teaching is the profession via which one can assist others to gain knowledge, moral values, and other skills. For becoming a teacher one must have the expertise in the area they want to teach. Special training also required for different teaching posts. Teaching jobs are available in Schools, Colleges, Universities, and in private institutes and one can apply as per his/her knowledge and qualification.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Teacher
The main roles and responsibilities of a teacher are as follows:
- Working with a school or college to attain the overall growth of the plan.
- Providing assistance to the students.
- Communicate and cooperate with the other staff, administration and the parents as well.
- Participating in all the events and meetings of school/college/institute.
Scope of Teaching
The teaching profession has wide opportunities and rest depends on your qualifications and skills. As per your qualification and knowledge, you can choose from:
- Play School
- Nursery School
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- Vocational School
- Special Schools
- Private Institutes
Demand for teacher
The education industry is the fastest growing industry in India and there are endless job opportunities for teaching professionals. As per the India Today report in 2018, “a scarcity of 45% of the school teachers in government schools” is spotted. This you can assume yourself how much good teachers are in demand.
Qualification Required to Become a Teacher
If you want to become a teacher then you must acquire excellence in the topic you want to teach. And the excellence comes with training and in order to become a teacher in India you can choose from:
- BTC (Basic Training Certificate)
- D.Ed (Diploma in Education)
- TTC (Teacher Training Certificate)
- B.Ed (Bachelor in Education)
- M.Ed (Masters in Education)
For teaching classes from 1st to 8th in Government schools, you can go for CTET. And if you want to teach at the college level then you have to complete a Masters degree in any particular subject and then pursue M.Phil or Ph.D. National Eligibility Test is also required to clear to get the teaching job in colleges and universities.
Teaching salaries in INDIA
There is a variation in the salaries according to the post, knowledge, and experience. For observing a fair idea of the salary for each job role here is a brief analysis:
- If you have 0 to 3 years’ experience in teaching for Primary Schools then you can expect up to 2.5 lakhs per annum.
- Secondary School teachers having up to 3 years of experience can expect 3.6 lakhs per annum.
- Colleges and university professors with 0 to 3 years experience are able to earn 5.5 lakhs per annum.
- Trainers can expect 1.5 lakhs per annum
In order to kick start your career in teaching, you must acquire these skills:
- To be a teacher one must be up to date with current teaching methods.
- For stepping into the teaching profession you should have a sound knowledge of the subject you are going to teach.
- You should be flexible to adapt to the learning needs of the students and also be familiar with the latest teaching tools.
- Ability to guide and motivate students.
- Must acquire effective communication skills to convey your knowledge to the students clearly.
- Ability to manage students in groups and to maintain discipline as well.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Strong and appealing personality
How to get a teaching job
Ready to become a teacher? But how you would get your dream teaching job in India? If you are looking for school teacher jobs in India. No worries folks here we have listed the best tips to become a teacher:
- It doesn’t matter if you want to become a school teacher or want to teach college students, if you have plenty of experience in different areas then you would get preference. So start working volunteer work and other internships to make your resume more impressive and attention-grabbing.
- The teaching era is ever-changing and to present yourself as a good teacher you have to be updated with current methodologies and tactics to provide your learners with the best experience ever.
- If you are planning to become a teacher then you would probably aware that how important communication skills are. Not only good communication skills will help you to convey your knowledge to your students but also it will impress the interviewer.
- Register yourself with faculty jobs sites to showcase your resume to the best employers. And in India FPS JOB is one of the best faculty job website so I highly recommend you register yourself with FPS Jobs.
Teaching is the noblest profession and challenging also and if you have decided to take this challenge and to educate young minds then follow these tips to get the right teaching job. Hopefully, this guide will assist you to lead on the right path to acquire an ideal teaching job.
Still, have any question regarding how to become a teacher then comment below. Tons of thanks for reading till the end.
- by FPS Jobs Team